International Copyright & Software Piracy – Canada
According to Wikipedia:
“The Canadian Alliance Against Software Theft (CAAST) is a Canadian trade group affiliated with the Business Software Alliance. Its mission statement is to “reduce software piracy in Canada through education, public policy and enforcement. The CAAST was established in 1990.”
CEG-TEK notices to Canadian ISP’s
The Copyright Enforcement Group has been known to knock on the doors of a few Canadian over issues concerning copyright infringement. Many of the notices are sent through Canadian ISP’s and may be seeking a monetary settlement.
- BSA says Canadian software infringement rates down slightly
- Canada still a hotbed for copyright piracy
Copyright Law Firm United States
Our law firm can help if you are facing federal litigation in the Northern District of California including San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Palo Alto, San Jose, Oakland and surrounding areas. In fact, we handle federal copyright litigation and licensing across the United States. Contact us at (877) 276-5084 to speak with a IP lawyer. We are not licensed as a barrister or solicitor in Canada but we can help you if your company needs a US copyright lawyer with software compliance and infringement experience.
Latest posts by Vondran Legal - Business, Real Estate, Insurance, Technology & Civil Litigation Counsel (see all)
- What type of proof do you need to show software license compliance? - January 18, 2017
- How Harry Houdini used copyright to build his fortune and fame - January 14, 2017
- Unauthorized commercial use of model photos on facebook can lead to right of publicity win - January 8, 2017
- Linda’s Lyrics “Dash Poem” Copyright Infringement, seriously? Yep. - January 7, 2017
- SOFTWARE INFRINGEMENT QUESTIONNAIRE - December 30, 2016