If you received a notice of subpoena from your ISP, don’t think twice, call us for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights, and the pros and cons and responding to the letter. We have helped many people facing federal copyright infringement allegations and we can help you too. Call (877) 276-5084.
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to hear Attorney Steve explain the Bittorent legal process that might be expected in a torrent illegal movie download defense case. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our popular legal youtube channel by clicking on the Red “V” for Victory!
When you get a letter from your ISP, you will likely become nervous and have a lot of questions to ask, for example:
- How did they find out?
- What if I did not download the movie?
- Are there any defenses to a Malibu Media or other movie infringement lawsuit?
- Will my employer or landlord find out about this?
- What happens if I just ignore the letter, will the movie production company get a “default judgement“? If so, what happens after that?
- Will my name be kept anonymous?
- Should I file a motion to quash the subpoena?
- What is a protective order?
- How much time do I have to answer the complaint?
- What is a John Doe Defendant?
- How do bittorrent lawsuits proceed?
- How much is this going to cost me to hire an attorney? To settle the case?
- What are the terms and conditions of settlement?
- Will settlement be confidential or will there be press releases?
- Will the release relieve me for liability for OTHER MOVIES that were downloaded via torrent protocall?
These are some of the most common questions we get from persons accused of illegal movie downloading.
What happens in a Malibu Media lawsuit?
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to hear Attorney Steve explain the Malibu Media lawsuits. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our popular legal youtube channel by clicking on the Red “V” for Victory! We are now over 2,600 subscribers.
Other Helpful Resources
- List of Malibu Media copyrighted movies (compare with those you are accused of downloading)
- BitTorrent Defense Resource Center
- VIDEO – Common defense in copyright infringement cases
- VIDEO – potential damages for copyright infringement
- VIDEO – How to search you movie company to see if they file lawsuits
If you are not sure what to do, let me make it easy for you – CALL US FOR A FREE NO COST INITIAL CONSULTATION. We can explore the situation and discuss possible options. In many cases, we are able to set a low FLAT RATE LEGAL FEE so you know what this will cost you as far as attorney fees are concerned (i.e. no SHOCKING LEGAL BILLS) once the case is settled. Call us at (877) 276-5084 or email us at the address on the right sidebar on this page.