Software, DMCA, Copyright, IP & Technology Lawyers
Vondran Legal provides business and intellectual property services for creative entrepreneurs and innovative business organizations in both California and Arizona. We can help protect and enforce your company’s intellectual property including copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and trade secrets. We also are a leader in the area of software audits and compliance handling cases involving Microsoft, BSA (business software alliance), SIIA and Autodesk licensing audits.
Click here for more information about our software audit practice.
Click here to learn about our Torrent defense practice.
Click here to learn more about our Federal Court experience.
In addition we have handled California right of publicity matters and lead Attorney Steve Vondran has litigated a major trademark lawsuit against Bank of America and in that case filed to cancel one of their trademarks with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). We have successfully recovered monetary damages against a major sports retailer in a right of publicity case (name, image, likeness case involving a prominent athlete) and we have helped secured intellectual property rights for companies such as a video production company, wine company in Napa region, and Vape online retailer. We are currently working on a large right of publicity (misappropriation) case in a case in the San Francisco Bay area involving misappropriation of a real estate broker’s commercial identity. When it comes to mediation, arbitration and litigation, we offer tenacious legal representation and flat rate / contingency fees for some cases.
Attorney Steve Vondran is a former elected executive counsel member to the Arizona State Bar Intellectual Property Section and a member of the Arizona Technology Council. Also a member of the Copyright Society of the U.S.A. and a member of the International Trademark Association (“TTA”), American Intellectual Property Law Association (“AIPLA”) and a former member of the Sports Lawyers Association. He is a former privacy consultant for Experian, and legislative analyst for the Identity Theft Resource Center in San Diego. He has developed his own software programs and has worked as an internet marketing specialist for a web-based ASP software company in Newport Beach, CA (back in the good old days of .com)!
We can represent your company and individuals in litigating the following types of, business, sports, entertainment & intellectual property claims:
1. Federal trademark infringement lawsuits (including ITC proceedings)
2. Federal copyright infringement lawsuits (including “Contributory Infringement” and “Vicarious Liability” cases, fair use defense and DMCA litigation). See also claims for “Inducing” infringement. See also Jewelry Infringement and Poetry infringement and Siemens PLM subpoena response.
3. UDRP domain name dispute proceedings (including ACPA cybersquatter lawsuits)
4. California right of publicity cases / personality rights (statutory and common law ROP claims)
10. Internet Lawyer
15. Breach of non-disclosure agreements
16. Theft of idea cases
19. Video-game (right of publicity litigation)
20. Mobile applications law
22. Entertainment industry contracts (ex. model releases)
25. Data scraping / web scraping issues
26. Google pay-per-click fraud (“click fraud” litigation)
29. Satellite Piracy defense [Joe Hand Promotions Pay Per View]
30. Streaming video law [ex. Kodi firestick issues]
Does your law firm offer a registered DMCA agent program for ISP’s, bloggers, websites that host third party user generated content?
Yes. To learn more about our Law Firm DMCA Agent program click here. There are many benefits to having a law firm serve as your DMCA copyright counsel.
Contact a Technology & IP Law Attorney
Whether you find yourself or your company as a Plaintiff or Defendant in a right of publicity case, trademark or copyright infringement case, domain name dispute (UDRP), BSA software audit, Autodesk audit or other software / technology related arbitration, mediation or litigation, contact us to discuss our legal services and general strategy in your case at (877) 276-5084. You can also fill out the contact form below and have one of our intellectual property lawyers call you. We have flexible fee programs to help make legal services affordable for you or your company.