THE LAW OFFICES OF STEVEN C. VONDRAN, P.C. – How to PITCH YOUR CASE to a law firm so they might accept it!
VIDEO: Click on the Red “V” above to watch Attorney Steve explain his tips to best help you find an attorney who will accept your case. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to your popular legal channel!!
TOP 10 TIPS – “TAKE TIME TO INVEST IN YOUR OWN CASE”
- Put your case together in a timeline format so attorneys know what your case is all about. The timeline should be detailed and include the essential facts about your case. If you have any law you believe applies, note that as well.
- Exhibits – attach all of the relevant evidence you have (all pages of all documents) for example.
- Discuss the potential weaknesses in your case that you are aware of (most cases have weaknesses).
- Make a list of potential witnesses you have (names, phone numbers, contacts) that can support your version of events.
- Make clear what your DAMAGES suffered are. Include Exhibits which prove what your damages are. Also be clear if you are aware of any statute of limitations problems (deadlines to file a case).
- Have a section that discusses what you are hoping to accomplish with the litigation (be realistic). Do you want $50,000? 10 million? What do you want? If you are not realistic this will scare some lawyers and firms off.
- State whether you are willing to pay a ATTORNEY FEE or looking only for a CONTINGENCY FEE LAWYER (or a Hybrid fee might be acceptable).
- Explain clearly who the parties are, (companies or individuals), where they reside or do business.
- Call the law firm first, and explain that you have a package that explains your case that you want to send them.
- Be patient, do not hound the law firm or attorney. This will make the law firm think you will be a tough client to handle and possibly not worth getting involved with. You have to have respect for attorneys and their time.
Note: We are not always able to take cases due to our caseload. However, for a flat rate fee (which depends on the complexity of your case) we can help you “package” your lawsuit to present to other lawyers and law firms and can even help identify a few potential law firms to approach. We can also help prepare trial notebooks.
Call us at (877) 276-5084 to discuss, or visit our website at www.VondranLegal.com. If you need help locating a law firm immediately, contact the state bar in your state. They are usually good with getting you referrals. Don’t waste any time because there are always statutes of limitations to contend with.
Best of luck in your case!
Latest posts by Vondran Legal - Business, Real Estate, Insurance, Technology & Civil Litigation Counsel (see all)
- U.S. Supreme Court Says Cheerleader Uniforms Copyrightable - March 22, 2017
- Can you copyright a signature yoga pose or choreographed dance move? - February 24, 2017
- Did your company receive an email about an “Autodesk Software Review” - February 20, 2017
- Malibu Media Lawsuit Updates – Defendant wins! - February 14, 2017
- “Back off buddy” – Intentional interference with prospective economic relations under California law explained - February 1, 2017