Timble Software License Compliance overview. Products may include Tekla structures, structural designer, BIMsight, Tedds, Field 3D.
Have you received a legal demand letter from Trimble / Tekla software based in Finland? This company produces modeling software for the infrastructure, energy and construction industries (structural engineering). If the letter is from the company directly, the Software Alliance, ITCA or some other software compliance revenue recovery group threatening legal action in California or elsewhere the United States, we might be able to assist you as copyright infringement cases are filed as federal court jurisdiction and in most cases, subject to local federal court admission rules, we can seek admission to the court in your jurisdiction where the suit might be brought.
Are you being threatened with legal action in the United States?
If you received a demand letter regarding unauthorized and/or illegal copies of Tekla Structures (a product of Trimble Software Solutions, formerly Tekla) stating your company is not a registered user in their customer license database, you may consider it wise to hire a software compliance attorney to help you resolve the licensing issue. In some cases, we can get these cases settled, and seek a confidential copyright release of all claims with the purchase of a new license as we have done with other software vendors such as Autodesk, and CNC Mastercam or Solidworks. In other cases we can seek to negotiate some other type of settlement that may be appropriate to your company.
Software Audit Resources
- Tekla sub-contractor license lookup tool (make sure your contractors are in compliance)
- Report Privacy Link
- Business Software Alliance
- ITCA.com (IT Compliance Association)
- Software Compliance Group (Lost license revenue company)
- Tekla press release dealing with VM Informatics (software valued at over $176,000)
Contact a software infringement IP law firm
To discuss your legal rights in the software audit and investigation process, or to discuss your case in general, call us at (877) 276-5084. We offer low flat rate fees for most non-litigation cases and we can help with cease and desist letters, subpoenas, and federal court lawsuits alleging copyright infringement. Your letter may have come from Timble directly, or from the BSA software alliance, of which they are a anti-piracy member. They also work with ITCA (experts in software compliance).
Latest posts by Vondran Legal - Business, Real Estate, Insurance, Technology & Civil Litigation Counsel (see all)
- Autodesk vs. Flores case brief (Default judgement for copyright infringement) - April 12, 2017
- Beware of unsolicited phone call from someone claiming to be Microsoft software license representative - April 11, 2017
- London Has Fallen suggests it will seize your bicycle for allegedly pirating their movies? - April 7, 2017
- MCN Channel Network Contracts – get them reviewed by Youtube Lawyer! - April 6, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court Says Cheerleader Uniforms Copyrightable - March 22, 2017