Steve Vondran – Expert witness real estate, mediation and arbitration services.
Steve Vondran, Esq. (“Attorney Steve”) is a California and Arizona licensed business and real estate lawyer. He has also earned real estate broker licenses in both states. In addition, he has run his own real estate company, and has prior experience in residential mortgage lending, direct lending, and commercial real estate. We can help you when you need an expert witness, or need ADR (alternative dispute resolution) services such as hiring a real estate mediator or arbitrator to hear your dispute.
Mr. Vondran is one of the pioneers of real estate foreclosure defense and broker defense law in the State of California, and has appeared on Fox News as a real estate analyst three times. He fights hard for his clients and has a strong track record of success.
You can view our Business & Real Estate Youtube Channel here (make sure you SUBSCRIBE by clicking on the Red “V” in the right hand corner of the page that pops up). If you are looking for an expert witness for your California or Arizona lawsuit, arbitration or mediation, you may also fill out the contact form below.
Real estate broker fiduciary duty law
Here is a basic overview of real estate BROKER FIDUCIARY DUTIES owed to Clients in California (the law is similar in Arizona):
1. A real estate broker owes “fiduciary duties” to their real estate clients:
A “fiduciary” is the highest position of trust, and a broker needs to take that trust very seriously. We wrote a blog on broker fiduciary duties. This basically means you have to put your clients interests ahead of your own, and as I tell clients, act as if you were helping our your elderly grandmother, grandfather, mom, dad, brother or sister. A fiduciary is the highest duty that can be imposed as a matter of law (it is similar to that of a “trustee). See Black’s Law Dictionary.
2. Duty to disclose known material facts in a real estate transaction: In Easton v. Strassburger, 152 Cal. App. 3d 90, 99, 199 Cal. Rptr. 383, 387 (Ct. App. 1984) the Court discussed the duty:
Click to watch our real estate expert witness commercial.
4. California real estate agency disclosure form set duties (See Cal. Civ. Code section 2079.16):
a. Seller’s agent duties:
“A fiduciary duty of utmost care, integrity, honesty, and loyalty in dealings with the Seller. To the Buyer and the Seller: (a) Diligent exercise of reasonable skill and care in performance of the agent’s duties. (b) A duty of honest and fair dealing and good faith. (c) A duty to disclose all facts known to the agent materially affecting the value or desirability of the property that are not known to, or within the diligent attention and observation of, the parties. An agent is not obligated to reveal to either party any confidential information obtained from the other party that does not involve the affirmative duties set forth above.”
b. Buyer’s agent duties:
An agent acting only for a Buyer has the following affirmative obligations to the Buyer:
“A fiduciary duty of utmost care, integrity, honesty, and loyalty in dealings with the Buyer. To the Buyer and the Seller: (a) Diligent exercise of reasonable skill and care in performance of the agent’s duties. (b) A duty of honest and fair dealing and good faith. (c) A duty to disclose all facts known to the agent materially affecting the value or desirability of the property that are not known to, or within the diligent attention and observation of, the parties. An agent is not obligated to reveal to either party any confidential information obtained from the other party that does not involve the affirmative duties set forth above.
5. Wyatt v. Union Mortgage case (California mortgage loan broker duties):
Real Estate Topics to Qualify
1. Real estate broker duties – Residential real estate – Commercial real estate 2. Real estate broker standard of care – Residential brokers – Commercial brokers – Property management companies 3. California non-judicial foreclosure process / requirements 4. Truth in lending requirements 5. Securitized loans 6. California mortgage lender / mortgage broker legal standards of care 7. Eminent Domain – value of existing zoning versus value of reasonably probable zoning (to establish “just compensation” in takings cases) We cannot guarantee we will qualify as an expert on every topic listed above. So contact us to discuss your case.
– JD Whittier Law School – BS, Cal State Fullerton
– Member California State Bar Association – Member Arizona State Bar Association – Member Orange County Association of Realtors – Member Phoenix State Bar Association – Member Camelback Village East Planning Committee (appointed by Mayor Stanton)
Costs to retain Steve Vondran as a real estate expert
Mr. Vondran can be retained for as low as $3,500 to serve as an expert witness in your case. This is the minimum retainer amount and all time billed on the case will be at our hourly rate as agreed between the parties.
Contact us for more information
Contact us by filling out the form below. Please indicate what area of real estate you are interested in, and we can get back to you to discuss. We handle cases in San Francisco (Bay area), Beverly Hills (Los angeles area), San Diego (La Jolla / Carlsbad), and Newport Beach, (Orange County). We also handle cases in Maricopa County, Arizona including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Buckeye, Peoria, Chandler, Flagstaff and Gilbert. Our phone number is (877) 276-5084.