Essential Real Estate Forms
This is a short blog about sending in a written public records request for licensing status for California real estate licensees (either brokers or salespersons).
RE Form 293 (Request for License History)
In California, if you are a Plaintiff or a Defendant in a real estate related lawsuit you might need to send in a public records request. The closest you can get to this is CalBRE form RE 293.
Attorney Steve Tip: To get more than the 5 year license history, and to TRY to request other types of documents such as a copy of complaint, applications, licensing renewals, accusations, desist and refrain orders etc., you can fill out the COMMENTS section of the attached form to see if BY CHANCE, they will send them to you. No guarantees. Good luck.
Contact a California real estate law firm
If you need a real estate lawyer, give us a call at (877) 276-5084. We excel at representing real estate brokers and salespersons in a wide variety of business law and licensing matters such as:
- Accusations (DBO / BRE)
- Administrative hearings
- Litigation (we represent both Plaintiffs and Defendants)
- Licensing disputes
- MLO / SAFE ACT
- Procuring cause commission disputes
- Broker advance fee agreements
- Social media disputes
- Trademark and copyright issues
- Online defamation
We offer flexible legal fees to our broker and salesperson clients. You can also fill out the contact form below to have one of our attorneys contact you.
Latest posts by Vondran Legal - Business, Real Estate, Insurance, Technology & Civil Litigation Counsel (see all)
- U.S. Supreme Court Says Cheerleader Uniforms Copyrightable - March 22, 2017
- Can you copyright a signature yoga pose or choreographed dance move? - February 24, 2017
- Did your company receive an email about an “Autodesk Software Review” - February 20, 2017
- Malibu Media Lawsuit Updates – Defendant wins! - February 14, 2017
- “Back off buddy” – Intentional interference with prospective economic relations under California law explained - February 1, 2017