Steve Vondran, Esq. (“Attorney Steve”)
Attorney Steve is the founder of the firm and has been litigating business, real estate and intellectual property (software and copyright) cases since he started his firm in 2004. He has litigated cases against Fortune 500 companies in both State and Federal Courts and in adversary proceedings in bankruptcy courts. He has also handled numerous BRE “broker accusation” cases which involve either settling cases (and saving the real estate license) or taking them to an administrative hearing. In addition, he has significant business law experience advising both small and large companies in general business law matters, software audits (BSA, Autodesk, Microsoft), contract negotiations, and other business and real estate transactions. Click here to see our Federal Court experience (Steve Vondran). Click here to learn more about our technology, internet and IP practice.
Click here if you were looking for our popular “Litigation Whiteboard” videos.
Education & Early Career
Steve Vondran attended Whittier Law School focusing on business and intellectual property studies. He earned his undergraduate B.S. degree from Cal State Fullerton. He is a member of the Fresno State Baseball Hall of Fame and played three years in the Cincinnati Reds organization. After playing, he coached for three years culminating in a coaching position at Pomona College (part of the prestigious Claremont Colleges). Later, he worked for several technology companies including Experian (as an information Privacy expert working with Gramm Leach Bliley privacy issues), Epoch Internet (in the contracts division) and Timeledger.com, (working in a project manager capacity, and spearheading social media and internet marketing issues). He has also created his own software packages including an early start-up venture identitysoft.com, a web based product designed to help victims of identity theft.
Click on the above picture to check out Steve Vondran’s AVVO reviews.
Memberships & Associations
Attorney Steve Vondran was formerly elected as executive counsel member for the Intellectual Property Section of the Arizona State Bar. He is also a member of the ABA section on intellectual property and a member of the San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association as well as the Arizona state bar section on e-Commerce and Internet law; the AZ bar section on intellectual property law and Arizona Technology Council. He is also a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), The Copyright Society of the U.S.A and the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
In regard to real estate, he was appointed by Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton to sit on the prestigious Camelback East Village Committee. In this capacity, he reviews, analyses and makes recommendations as to real estate development, business and land use proposals in Phoenix, Arizona. Mr. Vondran has has earned real estate broker licenses in both California and Arizona and has run his own real estate company, and has experience in residential mortgage lending (American Home Equity) and commercial real estate (Daum commercial / Industrial). He is a member of Orange County Association of Realtors, Phoenix Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, and a member of the Orange County Bar Association Intellectual Property Section.
Mr. Vondran is also a member of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (“NASP”). We handle property loss claims involving fire, flood and product defects. We have recently launched our technology and cyber subrogation practice.
Companies we have litigated against
Here is a sample of some companies we have gone toe-to-toe with:
- Bank of America
- LHF Productions Inc. (London Has Fallen defense)
- Malibu Media
- Wells Fargo
- Chase Home Loans
- One West Bank
Attorney Steve is married to his amazing wife Lisa (see below). He loves technology, enjoys playing the guitar, working out, playing golf, and traveling. He has appeared on Fox News three times. He is a former professional baseball player in the Reds organization.
Lisa Vondran – Chief Office Manager & Superstar!!!
When you call our firm, there is a good chance you will speak with Lisa Vondran. Yes, you guessed it, she is the wife of Steve Vondran. Lisa has a real passion for helping people and taking down basic legal information for the Attorneys. She is the “master of all trades” and one of the most passionate and energetic people you will ever meet. Lisa helps manage and run the day-to-day business of the firm, and she coordinates the legal calendar for the law firm Attorneys. She is a graduate of Arizona State University and holds a real estate license. She loves to cook, travel, work and spend time with family and friends. She has worked for major companies such as Nestle, Rockwell (CRM Software), Coldwell Bankers and ePartners (Accounting Software). She met Attorney Steve while working at a software company in Newport Beach, California (Timeledger.com) as set forth above. Timeledger was one of the first ASP software companies selling software as a service (SaaS).
Hiring Vondran Legal as your general corporate counsel or civil litigation law firm.
When you work with our law firm, you will find we possess several unique qualities:
1. We believe in our business clients and seek to become intimate with the business needs of each client and bring no nonsense legal advice to each client. We understand the need to bring value to the table, and help get deals done (instead of being a “deal killer” as many lawyers wind up being. In regard to litigation cases, whether you find you or your company on the Plaintiff or Defendant side of the fence, we litigate with passion and experience, and we will do everything we possibly can to win your case.
2. We are easy to work and communicate with. We don’t try to talk “over your head” and we are able to quickly break down your legal problems and issues and present you with a plain-english answer as to the best strategy to resolve your problem or present you with your options so you can decide what course to take.
3. We does not like to waste time with idle chat on your dime. You are busy and we are busy so let’s get down to business and identify the problem, clarify the legal issues, and create a plan of attack. Then, we will execute on the agreed-upon plan.
4. We are disciplined in our representation and persistent. Our approach is similar to that of any great professional sports team. We believe in setting high goals and doing whatever it takes to achieve those goals.
5. We are fair and honest. As we like to say, when we give legal advice we “give it to you straight” and give you the same advice we would give to our moms, dads, brothers, sisters and friends. There is no pulling punches and no candy-coating at our firm. We are here to solve problems and to guide you in your business venture or to direct you through a complex litigation.
Each of our attorneys is licensed to practice law in California and Arizona and we are experienced in general corporate business matters, and we handle general civil litigation, arbitration, real estate, IP, and insurance subrogation cases in both states. We are admitted to practice law before all state and federal courts in both states, as well as admitted to practice before the 9th circuit court of appeals.
For more questions, you can call us at (877) 276-5084 or email us at the address at the right side of this page.
We look forward to working with you.
– Attorney Steve –